SAFETY GUIDELINES – LIFTING AND SHIFTING MATERIALDecember 4, 2021
The Endless Possibilities of Using IoT for Industrial & Commercial Electrical Ecosystem’s Predictive Maintenance.December 27, 2021
SAFETY GUIDELINES – WORKING AT HEIGHT USING SCAFFOLDING AND LADDER
Height : Base Ratio of H Frame – 3.5 :1
Anchoring of Safety belt to valid lifeline
Proper Access to Platform
All Verticals, Horizontals and diagonals are fixed properly.
Proper use of PPE’s by the person.
- Surface of work location should be Flat
- Wheels of Scaffold should be locked
- Platform of Scaffold
- Top rail - 900mm to 1200mm
- Mid rail – 450mm to 600mm
- Toe board- 150mm
- Base : Height Ratio to be maintained.
- Gap between 2 immediate rungs should not be more than 300mm.
- 3 point contact to be maintained while moving on ladder.
- One Person to hold A Type Ladder from bottom.
- Proper use of PPE’s by the person.
Working At Height Activity Using Scaffolds & Ladders on Site
Finally Proper Use of PPE’s should be maintained by the person working in the premises.
- Working at height is one of the critical activity which is been performed at sites.
- Most of the accidents takes place due to fall from height.
- While Performing Works Using Scaffolds following points needs to be addressed-
- Before installing scaffolds firstly documents should be filled such as Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments, Work Method Statements and Work Permits before start of work.
- Test Certificates of Scaffolding should be acquired from concerned vendor.
- While erecting scaffolds following points should be monitored at work places-
- Surface of work location should be Flat.
- Wheels of Scaffold should be locked.
- No Gaps between working Platform of Scaffolding.
- Top rail - 900mm to 1200mm.
- Mid rail – 450mm to 600mm.
- Toe board- 150mm.
- Height : Base Ratio of H Frame – 3.5 :1
- Anchoring of Safety belt to valid lifeline.
- Proper Access to Platform.
- All Verticals, Horizontals and diagonals should be fixed properly.
While Using Ladders following points should be monitored at work places-
- Ladders are used mostly where there is less space where scaffolds cannot be installed at sites.
- Preferably ladders should not used where working height exceeds 2 to 3 meters.
- A type Aluminum Ladders are used at most of the sites.
- Surface inspection should done before installing A type ladders.
- Documents such as Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments, Work Method Statement and Work Permits are filled before start of work.
- Test certificates of Aluminum A type ladders should be taken.
- Distance between two Rungs of the ladders should not be more than 30 cm.
- One Person should always hold the A Type Ladder from bottom.
- Height : Base ratio of Simple ladders should be 4: 1
- Finally Proper Use of PPE’s should be maintained by the person working in the premises.